13 January 2010

Vintage Fashion Guild Vintage Label Resource

The Vintage Fashion Guild is an excellent resource for vintage fashion information.  Their Vintage Fashion Guild Label Resource is an absolute MUST for anyone interested in authenticating or dating a vintage gown.  I have used this resource many times, and I highly recommend it.





Here is a Jane Derby that I once had in my collection.  I knew that Oscar de la Renta started at Jane Derby.  After she died, he had his name on her label before he started his own company. This adds up to the fact that there will be several labels to choose from.

The VFG Label Resource tells me that this label is from the early 1960s.

Designers are listed alphabetically by their last name.  There are handy typewriter buttons with the letters of the alphabet (including numbers 0-9) at the top of the page-could not be any easier!!